Galway is truly the top city for festivals in Ireland, running throughout the year celebrating the arts, music, sport and food.
• Galway Races - Ireland’s biggest and most famous horse racing festival
• Galway International Arts Festival - Ireland’s largest annual arts festival, takes place during July
• Galway International Oyster Festival - events over 3 days in September featuring local seafood, live music, best dressed lady competition and world oyster opening championship
• Cúirt International Festival of Literature - features a varied and exciting range of Irish and international writers
• Vodafone Comedy Festival- takes place in October featuring Irish and international comics, improv, theatre and mime
• Film Fleadh -Ireland's leading film festival, is a six-day international event, held every July and welcomes a diversity of films from around the world
• Food Festival - 5 days of exceptional food and loads of free events suitable for all the family. The festival celebrates Galway as a good food destination with a strong focus on artisan, seasonal and local producers